Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Stocking Stuffer Idea: Homemade Lip Moisturizer



I've found another great stocking stuffer idea! If you're the crafty type, try making this Homemade Lip Moisturizer! If you'd like to add some color to your moisturizer add in some of your favorite lipgloss or lipstick! Also, you can add in shimmer or glitter!

This recipe makes enough to fill  6 to 7 – 1/2 oz containers depending on how full you make them.
Ingredients needed:
3 Tbls Coconut Oil
3 Tbls Honey
1 Tbls Beeswax
Using a small saucepan over low heat combine your coconut oil, honey and beeswax.  Stir continually until it is all melted and combined 5-7 minutes.  Remove from heat and carefully spoon into containers.  I used a measuring spoon to fill my containers to ensure I didn’t spill and each container received the same amount. I put 2 1/2 teaspoons in each container.
This is what they looked like right after they were filled.
This is what they look like as the started to cool and harden.  I allowed them to fully cool, about three hours before placing the lids on them.  I also tried to whip the mixture after it was melted to see if it made a difference and then spoon it in.  You can see from the photo below, other than looking messy I didn’t notice a bit of difference, so save yourself some work and spoon it in.
Have some cute little sticker labels made for the tops of the tins and you have some super cute little frugal yet practical homemade gifts!  I have been using this since we made it and love it!

Via: http://thefrugalgreenishmama.com/2012/05/diy-homemade-natural-honey-coconut-lip-moisturizer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment